SpongeBob SquarePants created by Stephen Hillenburg. The first part aired on the Nickelodeon in May 1999.
The series lived 9 seasons. The 10th season began airing on Nickelodeon in 2014.
SpongeBob is a sea sponge who lives in Bikini Bottom under the Pacific Ocean. He has a pineapple house.
Spongebob is very kind and bona fide but he is booby.
He has two neighbors: Squidward Tentacles and Patrick Star. Squidward Tentacles is a squid. He lives in a moai head house and he hates Spongebob. Patrick Star is a sea star and he lives under a stone. SpongeBob and Patrick are very good friends. SpongeBob has a pet who called Gary. He is a snail, but rather a series of acts like a cat. SpongeBob working at the Krusty Crabs. His boss is Herbert Eugene Krabs.
In 2013, TV Guide ranked SpongeBob SquarePants the eighth Greatest TV Cartoon of All Time. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water will release in 2015.
10 well-known and little-known facts about Spongebob Squarepants
Here you will find well-known, little-known and unknown curiosities.
I collected the most interesting facts about Spongebob Squarepants.
1. Spongebob was originally called SpongeBoy, but that name was copyrighted by a mop.
2. Spongebob is yellow. Yellow is the color of happiness, joy, optimism and creativity.
3. Spongebob is a sea sponge. But the real sea sponges do not have arms, legs, heads, eyes, brains and ears.
4. Sea Sponges are animals, not plants.
5. Spongebob and Squidward's workplace, The Krusty Krab is a lobster trap.
6. Ellen DeGeneres, Tony Bennett, Sigourney Weaver, Will Ferrel and Tom Waits are Spongebob fans.
7. Spongebob and all natural sea sponges live in the seas and the oceans.
8. Squidward Tentacles is an octopus, not a squid.
9. Bikini Bottom is a city at the bottom of the sea, below the real island of Bikini Atoll.
The island is located in Micronesia. It was also the site of many nuclear tests done by America in the 1940s and 1950s.
10. In 2011 a mushroom discovered in Malaysia was named after SpongeBob. It's called Spongiforma Squarepantsii.